5 Axis Cnc Router Machine Knowledge
Do you have an idea to DIY or buy an affordable 5 axis CNC router kit for 2D/3D machining? Review the 5 axis CNC machine buyer's guide for CNC machinists, operators and beginners, we'll offer you the best 5 axis CNC router machines with custom 5 axis CNC machining service to fit your 2D/3D machining projects, ideas or plans.
5 axis CNC router machine is a type of multi axis 3D machining center with CNC (Computer Numerical Control), which is different from 3D printer, it is somewhat like the 3 axis and 4 axis CNC machine, but five axis CNC machine has two additional axis they can move along. These additional axis will allow for shorter project time due to their capability of cutting five edges of the material simultaneously. However, due to the fact that these five axis machines have a longer X-axis, which makes for less stability and accuracy-potentially requiring more of your attention than a 3 axis or 4 axis CNC router. 5 axis CNC machine is also known as 5 axis CNC router, 5 axis CNC machining center, 5 axis CNC milling machine or multi axis CNC machine.
5 axis CNC machine is designed to deliver high speed and highquality cuts for a wide range of materials, including but are not limited to wood, plastics, non ferrous metals and other composites. The CNC machine will provide various new applications including: 1. Edge trimming of thermoformed plastic, molded plastic and composite parts. The flexibility of the CNC machine creates the ability to provide high quality finishing and edge trimming on many manufactured plastic items. 2. Deep cavity mold making. On three-axis machines deep cavity mold making requires that you have longer tools to be able to reach deep enough. Having longer tools results in the user having to reduce cutting speed to prevent breakage. With the added movement provide by 5 axis machining, shorter tools can be used, and your cutting speed can be increased. 3. Molded plywood chairs and decorative furniture parts. The machine allows for unique shaping and molding of various materials, allowing you to make your creative and dynamic designs a reality. 4. Detailed 3D carvings. The increase in movement of the cutting tool on the machine allows it to carve intricate designs into a piece of material. It allows you to capture the fine details of your design in the job you are cutting.
The advantage of 5 axis CNC machine is that it can process free-form surfaces that can not be processed by ordinary 3 axis CNC machines or that it cannot be processed at one time. For example, the blades of aircraft engines and steam turbines, the propellers of ships, and other complex molds with special curved surfaces. Since the tools and angles of the five-axis machining center can be adjusted at any time during the machining process, other tools can be avoided and all machining can be completed at one time. The 5 axis CNC machinie can also achieve the machining accuracy and quality of free-form surfaces under the premise of high effects. For example, when a three-axis machine tool is used to process complex curved surfaces, a ball-end milling cutter is used. Its cutting efficiency is low, and the angle of the tool cannot be adjusted freely, so it is difficult to ensure the smoothness of the processed surface. However, with a five-axis machining center machine tool, because the angle of the tool can be adjusted freely, the above situation can be avoided, so that higher cutting efficiency and high-quality surface quality can be obtained.
When the five-axis CNC machining center is processing deeper and steeper cavities, the additional rotation and swing of the workpiece or spindle head can create the best process conditions for the processing of end mills, and avoid cutting tools, tool holders, and cavity walls. Collision occurs, reducing the jitter of the tool during machining and the risk of tool damage, thereby helping to improve the surface quality of the mold, the machining efficiency and the durability of the tool. The five-axis CNC machining center can complete the processing of the entire part at one time by using a shorter tool. It does not need to re-install the card or use the longer tool required in the same type of 3-axis machining, and it can be delivered in a shorter time. The surface quality is also ideal. The technology of the five-axis machining center eliminates the need to reposition the workpiece at complex angles for multiple debugging and clamping. This not only saves time, but also greatly reduces the error, and saves the expensive cost of fixtures and fixtures required to install the workpiece in place. Compared with 3 axis CNC machining centers, 5 axis CNC machining centers has the following advantages:
1. Maintain the optimal cutting state of the tool and improve the cutting conditions. In the three-axis cutting mode, when the cutting tool moves to the tip or the edge of the workpiece, the cutting state gradually deteriorates. To maintain the best cutting condition here, you need to rotate the table. And if we want to completely process an irregular plane, we must rotate the table multiple times in different directions. It can be seen that the five-axis machine tool can also avoid the situation that the linear velocity of the center point of the ball head mill is 0, and obtain better surface quality.
2. Effectively avoid tool interference. For the impellers, blades and integral discs used in the aerospace field, the three-axis machine tool cannot meet the process requirements due to interference. The five-axis machine tool can be satisfied. At the same time, the machine tool can also use shorter tools for processing, improve the rigidity of the system, reduce the number of tools, and avoid the generation of special tools.
3. Reduce the number of clampings and complete five-sided machining in one clamping. The five-axis machining center can also reduce reference conversion and improve machining accuracy. In actual processing, only one clamping is required, and the processing accuracy is more easily guaranteed. At the same time, due to the shortening of the process chain and the reduction of the number of equipment in the five-axis machining center, the number of tooling fixtures, the floor space of the workshop and the maintenance cost of the equipment are also reduced. This means that you can use less fixtures, less plant area and maintenance costs to complete more efficient and higher quality processing.
4. Improve processing quality and efficiency. The machine tool can be cut with the side edge of the tool, which is more efficient.
5. Shorten the production process chain and simplify production management. The complete processing of the five-axis machine tool greatly shortens the production process chain, which can simplify production management and scheduling. The more complex the work piece, the more obvious its advantages over traditional production methods with dispersed processes.
6. Shorten the development cycle of new products.
For companies in the aerospace, automotive, and other fields, some new product parts and molding dies have complex shapes and high precision requirements. Therefore, five-axis CNC machining centers with high flexibility, high precision, high integration, and complete processing capabilities can It solves the problem of precision and cycle of complex parts processing in the development of new products, greatly shortens the development cycle and improves the success rate of new products.
In addition, the five-axis CNC machining center can also enable the machine tool to process complex parts, which is impossible with other methods, including drilling, cavity recesses and taper machining usually required on complex surfaces.
In summary, the five-axis CNC machine tool has too many advantages, but it's attitude control, CNC system, CAM programming and post-processing are much more complicated than the three-axis machine tool. At the same time, when we talk about five-axis machine tools, we have to talk about the problem of true and false five-axis. We all know that the biggest difference between true and false five-axis is the RTCP function, but what is RTCP, how is it generated and how should it be applied? Let's take a closer look at RTCP in combination with the machine tool structure and post-programming processing to understand its true face.